Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Farewell an Australian Legend

As most of you know Steve Irwin, AKA The Crocodile Hunter, was killed yesterday. I just want to pass on my condolences to Steve's family and friends.

Like or dislike the bloke, he was a Great ambassador for Australia and great conservationist. When living overseas, one of the first questions someone would ask is "Hey, do you know the Crocodile Hunter?" Amazing how they knew him and yet if I asked them who our Prime Minister was they would shrug their shoulders.

Through his TV show and movie (which I thought was pretty ordinary - sorry Stevo) he touched the lives of over 200 million people in nearly every country in the world.

It pains me to say this, but as tragic as his death was, I think it came as no surprise.......He died doing what he loves doing and what he was best at doing.

Anyway, I do wish his family all the best through this trying time. Rest in Peace Steve.

Dave Casey

1 Comments:

Blogger Poker4peace said...

He was cool.

11:44 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home